Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Back Story

Neither one of us grew up dreaming of adopting a child one day - we just had never thought about it individually or as a couple. After watching a couple of dear friends adopt & being blessed to be in a community of friends that seek to find what it truly means to be a Christ follower, the Lord started stirring in Matt's heart. Now, another one of Matt's characteristics is that he likes to guard my heart until he knows for certain where the Lord wants us. So, in the middle of October 2009, Matt tells me at 10:30 pm that he thinks we need to adopt! This still makes me just laugh...really, 10:30 at night? so typical. :) After moving the discussion to a more appropriate time the next day, I was immediately in. I have always totally trusted Matt's relationship with God & knew this must be the direction He wanted to take us. Also, I knew I could love any child without reservation. {there are several kiddos out there that I consider "mine" that are of no relation!} If I remember correctly, something like 3% of all adoption cases are started by the husband. I think it is so special that Matt was the one who came to me.

1 comment: