Wednesday, July 20, 2011

We Got a COURT DATE!!!!

I woke up this morning thinking, "today could be the day...Lord, please let today be the day." & that's what I prayed all morning long, "Lord, please let us get a court date today." I have been wrecked these last few days longing more than ever to meet & be with my son. After I ate lunch, I started to read for my class...got up & decided to get on my knees to pray. I prayed that God would make my heart in line with His will so that I would want what would most glorify Him. I told Him how much I longed for my son & told Him that I was still so sorry for not stepping out in faith before now. I got back up, sat down in my seat to start reading, & the phone rang...literally just like that boom, boom, boom! I couldn't even talk when Brandi told us we had our court date! {I had just sent Brandi an email yesterday having to deal with a conference call we were supposed to schedule & told her I was still holding out hope to get a court date before the closures, so she knew God was answering my prayer...so, so, so cool!}
Our court date is Aug 5th where we will go before the judge. The birth family will go on Aug 1...please hold both of these dates in your hearts & pray that things will go smoothly. We most likely will not have our MOWA approval letter & not sure how that will work out with the rainy season {whether or not MOWA will be reviewing cases during this time,} but our judge should clear us pending our approval letter. Then, once we get the approval letter, they'll send our case to the U.S. Embassy to get in line for a VISA.
Thanks everyone for praying!!! We are elated to say the least! I just want to hold my son! I'll deal with the rest later :)

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you! And us! And everyone in our travel group! Yay!!! In a little over a week WE LEAVE FOR AFRICA TO GO SEE OUR PRECIOUS KIDDOS!!!! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amelia, Jayme just caught me up on all the details of the court date and how you found out and the praying, etc. HE IS SO FAITHFUL!!! This little boy (I promise I'll get his name right from now on :) ) is so blessed to have you guys as his mom and dad. Celebrating with you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete